The Choir has been enriching the cultural and spiritual life of England for nearly five hundred years. Today's Choir comprises 10 men who are professional singers and 14 boys. The choirboys range in age from seven to thirteen and attend various local schools both state-run and independent. During the services they sing religious choral works dating from the 16th century to modern day composers.
The Director of Music, Mr Carl Jackson, is always interested in hearing from potential choristers. You may contact him by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Choral Foundation annual open day takes place in September each year when prospective choristers aged 7 to 9 years have the chance to "be a chorister for a day" at Hampton Court. The next open morning will be held on Saturday 23rd September 2017. Enquiries about registration should be made to Louise Cole at email@example.com or 020 3166 6516/07867 313460.
Local school boys aged 7 to 10 years (school years 3 to 5 only) are warmly invited to find out what life is like as a chorister at Hampton Court Palace and whether they have what it takes to be a Chapel Royal chorister.
This family friendly event includes
- A choral Workshop with the Director of Music, Carl Jackson and music staff
- A series of presentations by the Director of Development, Michele Price about the free musical education that is on offer
- A presentation by the Head of Hampton School about the Hampton School Choral Scholarship
- Lots of opportunities to ask questions of current choristers and their parents
- The opportunity to sing in the Chapel Royal with the gracious permission of HM The Queen
- Presentation of a certificate by The Queen’s Chaplain
- A tea party with the choristers
Unfortunately it is not possible to attend the event without pre-registration. There is no need to prepare anything in advance, as we simply want boys to come along to find out if this could be for them. Auditions will be held in October 2017. Each year up to 6 places are awarded to boys from a wide range of local schools and backgrounds in the South West London and Surrey areas. This truly is an opportunity open to every boy who has a heavenly voice, come and find out more!
Read here about being a Hampton Court chorister
Chapel Royal Scholarship awarded by Hampton School – A scholarship is available from Hampton School for boys entering at the First Year. Choral Scholarships are awarded in conjunction with the Chapel Royal and boys who win this scholarship are expected to sing in the Chapel Royal Choir until their voice breaks.
For further details please contact Mr Jackson directly at firstname.lastname@example.org